Saturday, April 3, 2010

Emma, 2009 (Grade A-)

Director: Jim O'Hanlon
Masterpiece Theater Classic Production --multi-part mini-series
Starring: Romola Garai, Michael Gambon, Jonny Lee Miller, Louise Dylan, Jefferson Hall, Jodhi May, Robert Bathurst, Tamsin Greig.

sez says: well I have to admit loving costume dramas, so it is no stretch for me to like this, the latest version of the perennial classic book, that ever-so-often gets made into movie. At first I didn't think I like Garai's version of Emma--then it grew on me, till I became fond of her take on this famous literary character.  And, what do you think? Did all the right people eventually get married to each other?  OK the down side of these stories is that you always know how they will end -- but I don't care, I love them anyway.  (Grade A-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment